Saturday, March 1, 2008

Cookies N Babies

So Brad wouldn't let me take our sleeping beauty from him yet, so I thought it'd be a good time to update our blog. (Tonight is bath night for Brooklyn-but I guess that can wait until this post is finished and until he's done holding her) Well, Brooklyn had her two week appt on Monday and is now 7 lbs 12 oz. I was happy to hear she was gaining weight because in the hospital it was such a struggle getting her to eat. Ever since we've come home, though, she's been our little porker which is just fine with me. I feel like half of my day is purely spent feeding our little princess. I guess that's normal though. We've gone on several walks this week and we love our chicco stroller. it's like driving a cadillac--so nice!! thanks great-grandma killian for such a great gift.

This week Brad and I went on our first official date without Brooklyn. We went to a movie and then dinner to Carrabbas. It's amazing how much our world now revolves around little Brookie, but it was nice to spend some one on one time with my amazing hubby.

SLEEP UPDATE--Brooklyn does a pretty good job sleeping. She wakes every 3-4 hours, feeds and then goes back to sleep pretty quickly. During the day she is such a doll. We just have the best time playing together. She is starting to smile more and is beginning to follow objects if they are far enough away from her face. As of late Brooklyn's favorite thing is riding in the car. It instantly calms and puts her to sleep. :) We also went to my sisters (all three of them are on the varsity team) tennis match this week. It was fun to get out of the house for a little bit and get some fresh air.

BABY BLESSING-We are going to bless Brooklyn on March 30 and are so excited to see Grandma Bowles and Brooklyn's aunts. This will be their first time seeing her--wish we could see each other more!

BABY COOKIES-One of the sisters I visit teach just had her baby girl so my partner and I took her dinner. Brad made Cheese filled manicotti for me last week and I loved it so much that I thought my visiting teachee would like it. The funny thing is that Brad actually made the main course again today because I was feeding Brooklyn. So we ended up taking over rolls, the manicotti, salad, grape juice, and oreo icecream pie. Hope they enjoyed it as much as I did. Also, today I made sugar cookies and thought it would be fun to decorate them in a baby fashion and then take them to my visiting teachee and also my visiting teacher. She had her baby boy two days before Brooklyn came so we actually got to see each other in the hospital. It was kinda fun!


Hopefully you can tell what each of the cookies are without too much trouble....



Well, I best be going! Here are a few pictures of lil Brooke. Isn't she the CUTEST BABY IN THE WORLD!?